Progressive Punch Press Operator – El Paso, TX
Progressive Punch Press Operator
Base Pay: $8.25 – $11.00/hr BOE
Employee Type: Long-Term-Temp to Perm | Full-Time
Location: El Paso, TX
Shifts Available: 2nd Shifts Available Monday – Thursday: 4:30pm- 3:00 am.
A metal stamping business is seeking a professional, skilled individual for a Progressive Punch Press Operator on our east side location. The Position responsibilities will include but not be limited to trouble shooting, analyzing specifications, set-up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges and machinists hand tools.
- Inspects the materials 100% to ensure they were processed according to the manufacturing specifications.
- Communicates with supervisors, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve any machining or quality issues
- Will provide Safety glasses, you must provide steel toe shoes that are required in work area
- Follows all company and work center specific production, administration and safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for minor machine preventative maintenance, maintaining proper alignment of machine and use gauges, scales, calipers, mylars, customer tools and other measuring equipment to check quality.
- Responsible for monitoring the machine and adjust material accordingly running through machine to insure product meets quality and production standards.
- Monitor and record production run quantities, job orders, product and wrapping materials used, pallet tags, waste and machinery down times.
- Assist in the coordination of product change-over’s to maximize line inefficiencies.
- Assist with problem solving to ensure minimal down time to ensure quality
- Continuously performing Quality Checks as the parts are coming out of the press.
Education and Experience:
- Proven experience operating machines such as punch press machines in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines
- Must have 1-2 years of hands-on Machine Operator experience
- Understanding of and ability to read engineering blue prints and interpret specifications.
- Previous metal stamping experience a plus!
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Comprehension & Language Skills:
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets data given.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides.
- Read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related.
- Strong visual inspection ability & Basic computer skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach with hands and arms, use of fingers, handle or feel. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for normal conversations, to receive ordinary or vital information and to prepare and inspect documents. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate-loud.
To APPLY email: email@example.com or call 915-872-0800
As an employee of FlexiCorps, you will be part of a staffing company with a wide range of client companies who are well-known and respected throughout their industries. We’re large enough to offer a wide variety of opportunities, yet small enough to get to know you personally. We work to connect the right people in the right career opportunities.